Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bank Bail Outs ... Click Here for more Information

I'm so sick of the news regarding this bank bail out I could just puke! Do you think people are going to finally stop following the crowd and get their own opinions out there? I'm reminded of the great Gary Larson's cartoon of a field of sheep where one stands up and says "Hey, we don't all have to be sheep!" My daughter refers to the entire nation as "sheeple" and I have to agree. However, I see hope springing ... I'm just not sure it's eternal.

When I was barely 20 years old my "husband" blew out of town without notice leaving me with a newborn and a 2 year old. I went to work two weeks after the 2nd child was born and was making $180/month ... $90 of which went to pay my rent. I had no food, no medical assistance, no car and no help. I made "too much money" to qualify for financial aid of any kind. Too much money? $180 a month? Honestly. I look back on those dark days as a period of self awakening. I figured out no one was going to help me so I worked 3 jobs for nearly a year and bought a car...got a better job...moved into a decent neighborhood and did all that WITHOUT ANY help whatsoever. I figure if I can do that, anybody can. If I were Hispanic I could have had medical insurance, financial aid, food stamps, you name it. But I'm white, American and those were the setbacks. Go figure.

If Bush bails out these financial institutions without sanctions and a payback plan, I swear, I'll move to another country. Too bad we can't all do it together. Somehow I think a mass exodus might force a little more educated pontification in these assholes, but then again... probably not.
Peace!
Patio Patty ©

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If we'd all just quit paying taxes, that would get their attention real fast! No need to leave the country.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've thought about that and you're right. I say let's get armed and fight for what we KNOW is right. I'll start ... BANG!!! Bush is a dead man! (Oh how I wish!!!!)

Anonymous said...

PS: You can't just quit paying taxes. They don't ASK for it, they TAKE it. Here's an idea ... how 'bout if everybody goes in to Personnel tomorrow and changes their deductions on their W-2 to ZERO, or EXEMPT. WTF do you think they'd do if that happened, en masse? Wow, what a concept!