Thursday, October 30, 2008

Having a VERY bad day

I went back to work this morning after taking a short vacation to visit with my son and his wife who traveled here from San Diego. We had a great time. Giles made sure we got tickets to the Husker game versus Baylor last Saturday. Getting game tickets for a Husker game is not an easy feat by any means. It was very thoughtful of him. Sunday I went to church with Chris then we drove to Mondamin to pick apples. Tom and Giles stayed in front of the HD TV watching football. Monday we all tried to find some ducks or geese to feed bread to but the ducks are already gone South, and the geese we did find were definitely not hungry. Still, I think they had a good time. I do miss my kids a lot.

I think sometimes, about moving back to California to be closer to them. I have a son & daughter-in-law and my own daughter plus 4 grandchildren (and they're growing like weeds)...I'm missing it! But then, I came to my senses. I couldn't live in Southern California again any more than I could sprout wings and learn to fly. There's just too much traffic, too many ambivalent people, too much crime and road rage, etc., etc., etc. I'd just rather not have that to contend with along with everything else it takes to get by these days. I'm still homesick though, for my kids, for the beautiful weather, lovely landscaping, beaches (ah, the beach), mountains, (I miss skiing), for a lot of the good things San Diego offers.

Maybe that's why I'm having such a bad day. I'm homesick, and I'm tired!

Going back to work after taking ANY time off is always a bummer. No one does your work for you unless you’re a clerk in a grocery store or something like that. Postal workers I guess wouldn't have 6 days of backed up mail to sort. Anyway, the day at work was awful and the politics is killing my spirit. I need to get out and play some kick ass guitar (preferably with another picker) and refill my spiritual gas tank.

I met Giles (late, because of work again) at the Chesterfield so we could get our Halloween costumes. We drove to our destination and did our thing. In the process, I had a short but nasty tantrum trying to get a piece of fabric unhooked from a hanger and the look I got from that man could've burned a hole through asbestos. I calmed down because it was just ME and I was getting it on him. I felt badly but didn't apologize. Anyway, when I dropped him off at his truck he said "I'm getting as FAR away from you as I can!" So, now I'm having a GREAT time and feeling FABULOUS about everything and he iced the cake with one sentence.

Now I'm sitting here writing this instead of packing. I'm supposed to move this weekend. But honestly, with everything that's going on at work, and personal family stuff that's going on, it's been a real challenge not to just throw my freakin' hands up and say,

FUCK IT!
Peace!
Patio Patty ©

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And the next day, everything was fine and they lived happily everafter!

Bluzlover said...

Sometimes saying "fuck it", I mean, "FUCK IT!!!!" is the best thing you can do. It has cleansing powers.